WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies and other similar technologies such as local shared objects, flash cookies or pixels, are tools used by Web servers to store and retrieve information about their visitors, as well as to enable the proper functioning of the site.
Through using these devices, the Web server is able to remember some data concerning the user, such as their preferences for viewing the server's pages, their name and password, products that interest them most, etc.
COOKIES AFFECTED BY, AND COOKIES EXEMPT FROM REGULATIONS
Según la directiva de la UE, las cookies que requieren el consentimiento informado por parte del usuario son las cookies de analítica y las de publicidad y afiliación, quedando exceptuadas las de carácter técnico y las necesarias para el funcionamiento del sitio web o la prestación de servicios expresamente solicitados por el usuario.
WHAT KIND OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
We now list the categories of cookies:
Type of cookies, by purpose:
- Technical cookies: these cookies allow the user to browse a website, platform or application and to use the options and services offered therein, such as: data controlling traffic and communications, identifying sessions, accessing restricted areas, remembering items in an order, placing purchase orders, applying to register or take part in an event, use security elements while browsing, store content for video or audio elements and share content via social media.
- Personalisation cookies: these are cookies that enable the user to access the service with certain general, pre-defined characteristics based on a range of criteria on the user’s terminal, such as language, the type of browser used to access the service, regional settings, etc.
- Analytical cookies: these are cookies that allow their manager to track and analyse the behaviour of users to the corresponding websites or apps. The information collected in these cookies is used to measure the performance of websites, applications and platforms, to draw up user browsing profiles, and to optimise the website, application or platform by analysing visitors’ usage data.
- Advertising cookies: these cookies make it possible to manage the advertising spaces included on the website, app or platforms from which the service is provided as effectively as possible, based on criteria such as edited content or the frequency with which advertisements are displayed.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these cookies make it possible to manage the advertising spaces included on the website, app or platforms from which the service is provided as effectively as possible. These cookies store information on user behaviour from continued observation of their browsing habits, making it possible to build a specific profile to show advertising consistent with the behaviour in question.
Types of cookies, by who manages them:
- Own cookies: these cookies are sent to the user’s terminal from a computer or domain managed by the website owner which provides the services requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: third-party cookies are sent to the user's terminal from a computer or domain not managed by the website owner, but by another organisation that processes the data collected by the cookies.
Types of cookies, by time active:
- Session cookies: these are cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website or app.
- Persistent cookies: when persistent cookies are used, the data are stored on the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a term defined by the cookie owner; this may be from several minutes to several years.
What specific cookies use this website and for what purposes?
Below is a table with the cookies used by this website along with the purpose of each of them.
These cookies obtain generic information on the user's accesses to the website (not to its content) in order to provide us subsequently with aggregated information of these accesses for statistical purposes.
|TITLE OF THE COOKIES||PURPOSE||DURATION||ADMINISTRATION|
|User identification||They are used to identify and authenticate the user. They also contain technical data of the user's session, such as, for example, connection timeout, session identifier, etc.||Session||Own|
|Google Analytics||They allow monitoring the website by means of the Google Analytics tool, which is a service provided by Google for obtaining information of the accesses of the users to the websites. Some of the data saved for subsequent analyses are: number of times a user visits the website, dates of the first and last visit of the user, duration of the visits, from what page the user accessed the website, what search engine the user used to reach the website or what link he clicked on, from what place of the world the user accesses, etc. The configuration of these cookies is predetermined by the service offered by Google, for which reason we suggest that you consult the privacy page of Google Analytics, to obtain further information on the cookies that it uses and how to disable them (in the understanding that we are not responsible for the content or the veracity of the third-party websites).||Persistent||Third parties|
How to Clear Cookies
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer
- Firefox: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/privacy/websites/#cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-ie/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/security-and-privacy/#clearBrowsingData
Rights of the data subject
- Right to withdraw consent at any time.
- Right of access, rectification, portability and deletion of your data and to limit or object to their processing.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority (www.aepd.es) if you consider that the processing does not comply with the regulations in force.
Contact details to exercise your rights
BOTEGA VARSANO, S.L. with address at Calle Casa del Tío Mariano, 14B, Crevillente Alicante (Spain). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org